What are the age requirements for applicants?
- Applicants for our PreK program must be four years old on or before October 1st of the year for which they are applying.
- Applicants for Kindergarten must be five years old on or before October 1st of the year for which they are applying.
What are the admission requirements for Explorations Prep School?
- The application process consists of the following: a tour of EPS, completed application and corresponding forms, and a scheduled school day visit for applicant.
How are the admissions pieces evaluated?
- We look at each individual applicant and all that they have to offer. Our main goal is to place a student in the best learning environment for them. During their day visit, students will complete formal and informal assessments and participate in classroom instruction. While academic assessments are taking place throughout the day, this also gives teachers an opportunity to view social and emotional behaviors. Observations and results from the day visit, in conjunction with recommendation forms and school records will help determine if EPS is the best learning environment for each applicant.
How do I schedule a tour?
- Scheduling a tour is the first step in the application process. Please call 972-539-0601 or email email@example.com to schedule your tour.
When can I submit an application for admission?
- Explorations Prep School opens the application process after Labor Day. Applications are reviewed on a first come first serve basis. Completed admissions applications will be reviewed by Administration and notifications will be made on a continuous, space available basis. If there are no seats available in the classroom at the time of acceptance, applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
What takes place during my child’s visit?
- Applicants will have an opportunity to see firsthand what the day in the life of an EPS student looks like. They will participate in all classroom instruction and specials classes, eat lunch with new friends and explore the playground and outdoor space. This day not only gives our teachers an opportunity to get to know the applicant, but also provides the applicant a chance to see if Explorations feels like their new academic home.
What are the additional fees not included in tuition?
- In addition to tuition, there is an annual registration fee and a supply, technology and field trip fee charged for each student.