Home » Mission, Vision & Philosophy
The Explorations Preparatory School (EPS) mission is to instill in students the joy of learning and accomplishment while providing the knowledge, skills and experiences needed to succeed in life.
With an emphasis on math, science, multilingual communication and critical thinking, EPS’ vision is to be a premier pre-K through 8th grade educational institution. EPS will achieve this vision by providing a well-rounded, world-class, interdisciplinary curriculum, low student/teacher ratios and an emphasis on the importance of family involvement and “family time”. EPS’ vision focuses the school on guiding students toward becoming creative, engaged and active learners with the ability and desire to reason, question and solve problems in school and in life. Going beyond academics, EPS places a high priority on character development and global responsibility, which includes actively facilitating and encouraging participation in charitable activities.
At Explorations Preparatory School, we believe:
- In high academic standards and challenging each child to meet their full potential. As such, we have high expectations for student growth that are met by a rigorous and purposeful curriculum and innovative teachers.
- In providing students with a broad range of course offerings while encouraging them to make connections across subjects. As such, students gain knowledge on a wide range of topics through diverse enrichment courses and explore subjects more deeply through theme-based and project-based learning.
- That a strong student-teacher relationship is key to academic success. As such, we focus on low student-to-teacher ratios that allow our teachers to differentiate learning styles and to meet students where they are.
- In the development of student leadership and collaboration. As such, we emphasize teamwork and cooperative learning opportunities in the classroom to promote student voice.
- That social, emotional, and academic growth are interconnected. As such, we educate the whole child by providing opportunities to develop interpersonal skills for problem-solving and character development.
- In fostering a school community that values family time and involvement. As such, we provide opportunities throughout the school year for families to build relationships through various school activities. We also believe that time spent at home or with family is essential for student well-being.
- In having our students engage in the world around them. As such, our students have vast cultural backgrounds that are embraced and honored in the classroom. Our international community of learners provide a unique global perspective in our school environment.
- In sustaining a safe, caring, and nurturing environment where differences and uniqueness are celebrated. As such, students find their own individual path and support each other without pressure of conformity.