Your Family has OptionsSeptember 9, 2020 2020-12-07 19:16
Your Family has Options
Explorations Preparatory School
We’re giving families and student’s choices this school year: students may learn on-campus or at-home.
Remote learning option:
1. Need a device at home
2. Will have a full school day
3. Responsible for full workload
On-Campus Learning Option
- The school building will look differently this year in an effort to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 as there is not a way to 100% prevent the spread.
- Monday Morning Check-ins requiring families to answer questions regarding symptoms.
- Grade level entrances
- Temperature checks
- Hand sanitizing
Face Masks and Shields
- All students and staff must wear face masks.
- Students will be seated six feet from classmates when feasible
- Students will have their own supplies they will not be sharing
- Special attention will be given to packing and unpacking at lockers and hooks
- Classrooms with restrooms will use them solely.
- Third- eighth grade students will take class bathroom breaks to ensure social distancing and hand washing.
Snack, Lunch, and Water bottles
- All students PK-8th grade will have one snack break
- Snack break will be outside when possible
- Lunch will be eaten in the classrooms or outside when possible
- Students must bring two water bottles everyday – No water fountain access.
- Approx. only 20 students outside at a time.
- Masks will not be worn outside
- There will be reminders of social distancing
Entering and Exiting the Buildings
- Designated entrances and exits
- Each entrance will have hand sanitizer
- Parents and visitors will not be permitted on campus
- High traffic areas will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day
- Classroom surfaces will be sanitized throughout the day and after school
- Building will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized every night
Mandated School Closure Plan
If school is closed by the state, local government, or EPS, we will move directly to remote learning until school can resume. Call for more details.
*Changes to this plan could be made at any time due to the nature of the situation and state and federal recommendations.